Note: Please test this before using.
Re-indexing a large repository may take a lot of time and cause downtime. The below procedure allows to keep the production repository operational and do the re-indexing on a backup. Downtime of the production repository is limited to the time it takes to index changes that were done on the production system while the re-indexing was performed.
- Stop production repository
- Create a copy of the repository to a separate machine
- Start production repository again
- On the repository copy:
- delete the index
- start repository, which will start the indexing process
- once repository is up and running (indexing completed), stop it again
- stop production repository
- replace crx-quickstart/repository/workspaces/crx.default/index with the one from the copy
- replace crx-quickstart/repository/revision.log with the one from the copy
- rename crx-quickstart/repository/cluster_node.id to crx-quickstart/repository/cluster_node.id.orig
- start production repository
At this point the repository will apply the changes to the index that were done since the copy was made.
- Once the repository is online, shut it down again.
- Delete crx-quickstart/repository/cluster_node.id
- Rename crx-quickstart/repository/cluster_node.id.orig to cluster_node.id