1) My SQL
Step 1: Create OSGI version of mysql Jar file
- Download MySQL JDBC Driver From http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j
- Open eclipse and select file -> New -> Other -> Plugin development -> Plug-in from existing Jar Archive
- Click next and then select add external. Select jar file you downloaded above and select next
- Give Project Name -> Select Location -> Make sure that Analyze Library Content is checked -> In Target Platform select an OSGI framework -> from drop down select standard -> Check unzip jar file and update reference -> click finish
- An Plugin Development prospective will open
- Click on export tab and make sure that all dependencies are exported (If they are not there, Click on add then select all)
- Click on Dependencies and make sure that Imported packages are there. If it is not there click on MENIFEST.MF tab and then add following import statement
- Once all import and export statement is added your MENIFEST.MF will have following data
- Then right click on your project and then select export
- Select Deployable Deployable plug-in and fragments
- Click Next and select your plug-in
- From Directory section select location where you want to upload.
- Click finish. This will store OSGI jar in to location you selected.
- Once you have MySQL Osgi bundle. Install that bundle either using felix console or adding it through deployment process
- If you are getting error saying javax.Naming not getting resolved then you have to add following line in sling.properties under crx-quickstart folder
- Once bundle is up is running, You need to go to felix osgi config. Search For JDBC connection pool and then click '+'
- Fill all the information about your datasource
- Go to your application logic and test your code
If you are having trouble creating osgi version of mysql jar file, You can download it from here
- All the steps for Teradata will remain same except you need to create teradata OSGI bundle using Teradata JDBC connector.
- First Download teradatajdbc connector from here https://code.google.com/p/kyunra-java/downloads/detail?name=terajdbc4.jar
- Then Download tdconfig jar from here https://code.google.com/p/kyunra-java/downloads/detail?name=tdgssconfig.jar
- Follow above steps to create osgi version of jar file (Everything will remain same except this time you need to select two jar file for creating osgi version of it)
- Your Final MENIFEST.MF will look like this
- Upload final jar file in CQ, make sure that it is active
- Open OSGI config to create config for teradata connection pool
- You can then test it using same code (Just use teradata data source)
You can also download OSGI version of teradata jar file from here
Note: If You want to call instance of your Connection from Java class (Not from service) You can do something like this,